Every girl who has a fashion blog does some kind of Chanel quote/image thingy.
Here's mine. I must always be typical, you know.
I admire her not just for her talents or her style but for her fearlessness. She truly did her own thing, didn't give a fuck who knew or who cared. She had a vision and went straight for it no matter what. She didn't give a fig about being a wife or a mother, being a lawyer or a doctor, having the latest thing or being the latest thing. She cared about love, about clothes, about living life. And she was a riotous success. The movies with all their production and care can not capture that. People are always wondering things like 'why ees thee french girl always zo sheek?' what ees thees jay nay say qua?? Chanel is the first Parisienne, the one that all other Paris girls model themselves on whether they know it or not. I believe that if you truly want to have a french style then follow Chanel's dictums and life. You don't need Chanel to be chic or elegant or beautiful. She didn't have Chanel when she started out. She only had herself, and look how hot she was, always, throughout her life.
It's just that she was, and is, right and no one else is saying what she said. Moreover, no one is listening to what she said or what she did. We like how she looks and praise her for her accomplishments (and ignore that she dated a nazi), but she knew how to dress women and how a woman should dress, and most importantly she knew how to live and to get what she wanted without compromising herself.
1. A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.”
2. “How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone.”
3.“"The best color in the whole world, is the one that looks good, on you!”
4. “A woman is closest to being naked when she is well dressed”
5. “I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny.”
#5 (in more ways than one) is my favorite and something that gets me going in the morning. I once worked with a wise woman named Elaine and she'd walk around, mother-hen like, around the bustling advertising agency and if she saw a woman without lipstick she'd bark at her and say "you never know who's going to walk in here!" She was right. You never knew who would walk in there.
6. Elegance does not consist in putting on a new dress
7. Elegance is refusal.
8. Jump out the window if you are the object of passion. Flee it if you feel it. Passion goes, boredom remains.
9. Look for the woman in the dress. If there is no woman, there is no dress.
10. Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.
When I am sick in bed a fun way to pass the time is to look at every shoe on eBay that is a) made in Italy and 2) Either 8.5, 9, or 9.5. Dries Van Noten...Prada...Sigerson Morrison...miu miu...vintage...and then put these items on my watch list and let every single one of them go bye. Each one is both a tiny victory and a salted paper cut.
Let's take a look at what I found, shall we. Fun!
Por ejemplo: the perfect Prada loafer. Nope. Did not bid!
They are too high, they are too beige, they are vintagey looking and have some kind of odd metal thing up the heel...but I love them. I can't explain it.
Comey. C'mon!! They're this season!!
These are the white version of my favorite sandals that I've had for four years and have all but shredded up. Do I?